I'm planing a Traktor 2/3 controller with:

~22 Pots/faders

~30 Pushbuttons/switches

2 Encoders built from mouse wheel

& n LEDs [this will be decided later]

That should be CORE+AIN+2*DIN+DOUT

midibox19ex.th.jpg

Question:

-Should I use a MB64 as a jump start and code my way out [i intend to optimise code because there is no need to scan non-existing buttons/pots]

-Is there any special wireing (as with DIN) if I dont intend to use all ICs on DIN/DOUT?

-I intend to use this post as a build-blog for this project, is it ok with you?

You do mean AINx4 and DINx4 and DOUTx4 yeh?

1 - Search the forum :)

2 - See the page for the appropriate module at ucapps.de

3 - I'm sure that will be fine with everyone, it's a common practice. You can also feel free to create pages on the wiki under the user space. I Look forward to reading it :)

What else than ___x4 boards. If I ever get the need for more components I'll just stuff more IC's.

-AIN moule needs shorts to the GND to avoid random readings "out of thin air".

-DIN needs no short circuiting bkz data is all on one bus, just need to adjust the number of reads from DIN.

-DOUT needs nothing if i'm right

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'd b glad to do a page on wiki user space. The downside is that I dont have the digital camera

(only the Phone T610) but I can alwas contribute th community with solutions and new research.

Sooo, anyone knows the thrills of going out on saturday evening/night and buying

batteries (on the flow)? Fun fun fun.

Anyway, I was stuck with this problematic idea of mine:

http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php?topic=6906.msg44302#msg44302

Now It's solved, I have flashed the PIC and am moving on to powering my CORE and uploading mios.

EDIT: MIOS uploaded. I'm powering the core with PC's +5V works fine.

I have few things in my mind, first, Adding a VU meter and second, adding some scratch plates connected to some kind of encoder [i'm not sure what exactly].

And a question how to split a main/monitor signal [one to go to the amp, second to the vu meter] without loosing signal quality, would a simple Y-cable be sufficient or there is some circuit (ie. Audio Splitter)?

And a question how to split a main/monitor signal [one to go to the amp, second to the vu meter] without loosing signal quality, would a simple Y-cable be sufficient or there is some circuit (ie. Audio Splitter)?

you can use a Y-cable, but you will loose some signal. I'd test it first; I use some Y-cables/patchbay for splitting signals with acceptable results. However, there are active splitters available in music shops (quite expensive, but I'm pretty sure there are some DIY resources as well), that help to keep your audio signal well ;)

Plz tell me, can touchsensor be built out of a metal plate[we are talking about a scratchplate]?

I think so. If you are lucky, you might use J14 that's used (and MIOS-prepared!) for touch-detection for the motorFader-module. Maybe you'll find more infos on the MF-page; I saw some excessive infos (schematics, measurements, curves...) from TK here in the forum.

But it should be also no problem to build a touch-switch that uses a DIN-pin.

Cheers,

Michael

• 1 month later...

Back on the problem, as I have decieded to build my MB TDS Controller into the C128D case [and I'm quite satisfied], there were some layout changes. I've added 2 more channels, channel fader and EQ [to be more T3 compatible].

The new layout can be seen HERE

As I'm still planing to use encoders [now with jog dials, bkz I have more space] I'm interested in using MB64 [not E version] with 2-8 encoders.

WHY: Somewhere on forum I've read that MB64E uses almost all of free memory and i need memory for some of my specific functions.

Now please tell me, how hard(and possible) would it be to integrate encoder compatibility in MB64?

• 1 year later...