is it possible

Is it possible now (or to code) functions like step increment ? So a button would send values 1,32,64,96,128. It be neat if it could go downwards again also: 1,32,64,96,128, 128, 96, 64, 32,1.   

So just wondering if things like this are already possible! And how hard it would be to create.... I know some C. But have no

midibox experience yet, starting my first project soon ;) Creating a Dashboard in FL Studio which fits my needs, and will try to

midiboxify it!  This step increment is one thing I would like, it allows me to select various temp/effect settings in FL Studio!

Cheers,

Frans

I haven't actually read about what application you are going to use?

If you plan to use the MB64(e), stryd_one is right about ASM.

If you're writing you own app, this would be quite easy to implement in C (but of course with MB64(e) comes a whole bunch of features that aren't thaaat easy to recode, for example bankstick patch storages or the whole LCD menu structure) –

However, if you just need to send some Midi-Values when turning or pressing something, and you know a bit of C, coding your own app would be an option. It's really easy, once you've setup your SDCC/GPUtils environment ;) There's a nice C-skeleton available and you just have to go to your DIN-Notification function and write some lines... that's it :)

Cheers,

Michael

I've never made time to see how it works.. I think I have a mission for tomorrow. ugh...

I'm thinking about it since a few months now, but did push it away because I cannot really decide what I want on screen and what not... and everytime I made my decision, I notice that it's crap, because I haven't though of something else...

that would be a reason to use mb64 ;)

Ok cool so its possible. I will use the midibox64(e) probably!  Now please excuse my ignorance below:

So I would try to make a general "step increment function" (in assembly if thats whats needed) which

can be configured like the other buttons.  Maybe give it a dedictated CC ? I dont know how this can best

be achieved, its why I am asking here..... to get some better perspective of all this.

All the C functions which are availbile (also on midibox64e?) have ASM backend code ?  Meaning I Can

create "atoms" in ASM which I can call from C right ?!

I wouldnt mind trying to code some extra "effects"! Having a knob send out 2 CC's, one inverted for example (Kenton

has alot of nice features like that).

Am I looking at tons of work here or what ?

Am I looking at tons of work here or what ?

no, just use Meta events - these are special parameters which don't send a common MIDI event, but jump to selfwritten functions which are located in mb64_meta.inc/mb64e_meta.inc

Just have a look into these files, they already contain examples.

You could also use the search function of this forum to find even more examples.

For an increment function you need a variable as a counter, and you need a table which maps the counter to the CC/Note value which should be sent out

Best Regards, Thorsten.