bootloader and mios upload

Shum

Great that you finally solved this!

Now we especially know, how the bootloader reacts on a bad supply voltage.

Shum, could you please test the upload of the application with MIOS Studio? I just only want to know, if it works reliable on your computer

Best Regards, Thorsten.

TK maybee you should add to the MIDI debuging guide a pover supply check. It seems to me that PSu is a "troublemaker" with many failed MIOS uploads. Just something like:

"Check the voltage on J2, if it is ______V than everything should be ok with your PSu."

Hi Thorsten,

Loaded the bootloader with burner to the pic. Uploaded MIOS with MIOS Studio_v7 successfully. Thereafter uploaded the midibox64 application without fail. The uploading was very smooth and fast.

I got the feeling that the pic18f452 is more susceptible to noise than the older 16f877. For those who are using switching power supply unit to power the core, there is a need to have additional smoothing and noise trap circuit to ensure the quality of the supply.

I took the liberty to include here an additional circuit for those who are going to use switching power supply. This is in response to Digispunk's posting

Best regards

Shum

70_psu_jpgbbfe33583c6a0755173ee4075c230a