? creating an .ini file from .syx

Yes, this is possible - you can request a SysEx dump with Serge's MIDIbox Editor, thereafter you can save the bank as .ini file, and edit it like before.

To ensure that nothing gets unintentionally lost (e.g. for the case that you click the wrong button), you could create a full backup of the flash and EEPROM contents like described here: http://www.ucapps.de/mios/mios_backup.txt

Best Regards, Thorsten.

And guys - GMail makes for a great backup location for small files like these ;)

Just make sure you zip them up in a password protected file or google might own your work or something...

Now it's time for me to play the nagging old bastard. I've said this sooo many times. When it comes to data....

IF IT DOES NOT EXIST IN THREE PLACES.... IT DOES NOT EXIST.

Do your backups!

Thanks, good news TK.

Yes stryd, you are right, you are right, you are right!!!!

There are of course a lot of things I lost.  I have been very lucky for many years, but obviously now need to have a regular backup (multiple coppy) procedure.

Hehe....let's not start a talk about faulty data mediums....and.....expenses......

BTW: I have Western Digital 120GB waiting to be recovered (with source codes and personal photos and....stuff.....).

You see....the other day a girl walked out on me and I still miss more this data(that was lost 2 years ago) than her. Well, some things are irreplacable.

• 1 month later...

I have had a couple of tries at getting back my .ini file data.  I have not been able to get very far. :-[

I have used Sysebox (Sep 25 3004) to do a Request Sysex Dump, MIDIO128 Bank.  I get 1590 bytes in I think 6 blocks.  I then save the file.

It doesn't matter if I save it as .sys or .txt, or rename it later.  All I can see is Hieroglyphics.

I can't work out where to find the syx2hex mentioned in the MISO_backup.txt

May I please have some more help? ???