succesfull organ midification

jb

I just will let everyone know, that within some days a successfully midified an old analog electronic organ (Heyligers). I converted the keyboards and pedals to scanmatrix.

The code of the fast driver available for download (sm_example2_v2.zip) did not work properly, that is: with some combinations (not all) of 4 or more keys MIDI events are repeated while the keys are hold down. It might be to the de debouncing routine, however I do not have enough knowledge of assembler to figure this out.

I therefore used the code of sm_example1_v2.zip. I use one DOUT register, and one DIN register for each manual/pedal. The fourth DIN shift register is used for the stops. With my knowledge of higher level programming languages and some reading on the internet about assembler it was possible to hack the code of sm_example1_v2.zip in such a way that it reads the contacts of 4 8x8 scanmatrices. In fact I placed all code dedicated to reading the first DIN register in macro's.

It works fine, and fast enough, that is no latency is noticed when playing on the organ. If someone is interested in my quick hack just let me know.

• 1 month later...

This forum has grown so much that it's hard to find things, even with the terrific organization of the site.  I am posting primarily to express my gratitude for this Forum and all that it has done to make my project a success.  I reached another milestone when I was able to play (just the piano - so far) my Seeburg MO piano/organ from MIDI files and also to create MIDI files recorded from a music roll playing from its "A" roll-frame.  I can also use a keyboard as a synthesizer to emulate the organ portion of my Seeburg.  The interface uses Midio128 hardware and software.  I bought parts from SmashTV.  I designed my own system of reading the notes from the piano roll, and it works great.  I designed and built my own electromagnets to interface to the piano-playing pneumatic action.  Although I haven't posted many questions or replies,  when I had problems or needed to learn, I searched through the Forum and found the answers I needed, almost all the time.  (Many others were having some of the same problems that I encountered).  I am now ready to tackle getting the pipe organ portion restored and working.  :)

• 2 years later...