Liquid Tin

docbrown

It works very well, and very quickly.  It improves the solderability of your board and reduces corrosion caused by oxidization.

It's a bit expensive, so I usually pour the stuff back into the bottle when I'm done with it.

Make sure you've polished your etched board very well before applying liquid tin.  A light scrub with steel wool and isopropyl alcohol works wonders.

I know this is a silly question: :-[ Does the copper track's color turns into some sort of a silver shade  :-[. How would you know if the tinning is done. Because when I think of tinning, it is equivalent to like adding solder to the PCB tracks.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice burner!! ;)

Thanks. The layout is actually crap, it could have been a lot better. I did it in about 15 minutes because I needed one that night. It's even sized for the PCB stock I had on hand so I wouldn't have to cut any. :\

Next time I'll make a full, proper PBrenner6 or whateve.

Thanks. The layout is actually crap, it could have been a lot better. I did it in about 15 minutes because I needed one that night. It's even sized for the PCB stock I had on hand so I wouldn't have to cut any. :\

Next time I'll make a full, proper PBrenner6 or whatever.

-Steve

Next time I'll make a full, proper PBrenner6 or whateve.

That layout is not crap!! I can't even come close to that.. I only build my burner on a vector board.. Man, If only I have your PCB skills!! :-[ I've seen your SID-NUXX, that is one good lookin PCB.

thanks

That layout is not crap!! I can't even come close to that.. I only build my burner on a vector board.. Man, If only I have your PCB skills!! :-[ I've seen your SID-NUXX, that is one good lookin PCB.

Heh. Thanks, but... yeah. anyway. Grab yourself a copy of Eagle and try. If you force yourself to stick to the grid and learn the application, it's really not hard to do something decent. It takes a bit of learning, but it's not very hard. For what it's worth, that MIDIbox SID-NUXX was the second decent sized board layout I'd done. The first was the prototype for it.

Once you play around you'll get the hang of it, and you'll have no problem making boards of any kind.

-Steve