Best deals on LCD and encoders?

Steven_C

Hey Thorsten,

I like the one that you have used, but I was wondering if any of the cheaper ones had been implemented. (graphical)  I think that the price difference is too small to try to save money by using the 2*40 displays! I have found a source of encoders in Australia, at farnell.....cat no. 733-751, at aust$6.41 each for quantities of 50 or more, if any other australiens are interested in a bulk purchase. it is an alps encoder, EC16B series

well the site that sells the type that you bought for 66 euros was very slow and hard to navigate, thats kinda why I was asking about alternatives, as well as the cost factor! But I can go to my college and use their connection, cos its fast! I guess I would have already read about it if other displays had been implemented!

BTW Thorsten, I admire your attitude, I mean its good that you kept your cool about that mishap with your site, and didn't get all aggressive, and that you keep that friendly community attitude going on this forum!

bye from Steve!

Hi Steve,

I'm in Au, and looking for encoders, so count me interested.  But if you are looking at a bulk purchase anyway, why not consider buying from overseas?  The price difference on a large purchase would make up the extra costs for shipping and duty.  I've seen people on this forum quoting prices half that of the Farnell ones.

if we do that bulk order mentioned on the other forum thread, maybe we could organise a graphic LCD order as well?

other than that, $5.63 for quantities over 100 at Farnell...... a little better, but still very expensive!

aussie aussie aussie......oi oi oi!!!!!!!!! later......... 8)