Having trouble connecting my DIN to the CORE

cchocjr

Greetings,

I'm working on putting together a MB_SID w/ STEP A control surface. All of the boards are the most recent revisions from SmathTV. I got the readings I was supposed to get from the CORE and the SID, per the testing instructions on their respective ucapps.de pages. Right now I have a 9V transformer going to the core and a 15V going to the SID, FWIW. My LCD works fine. I had had a few little problems along the way. These were, of course, stupid little errors on my part. Now I've connected my DIN module to the core at J9, but I can't seem to get it to work properly.

When I start MIOS, it loads up (well, ocassionally I'll get two rows of black squares--then I jiggle stuff until it works--think there's a grounding issue somewhere), then the sid file loads, and then the 'INTERNAL PATCH' screen comes up. I've wired 6 buttons and a bourns rotary encoder according to the diagram provided on the ucapps.de SID - Control Unit page. However, the buttons do not seem to do anything.

I used the test program for checking DIN and DOUT modules. The problem I noticed during the test was that, according to main.asm, the CS pin on the DIN's J9 and the CORES J is supposed to be @ ~5V always, but mine was reading something like .79. I traced to the CORE's CS pin back to the PIC, and I'm not getting 5V anywhere along the line.

Does anyone have any ideas? FWIW IC3 gets REALLY hot.

Thanks,

Charles

Oops! A wire was connected improperly at the DIN side of the CORE-->DIN jumper. Know the first four buttons work. Looks like I'm going to have to rewire the last two buttons and rotary encoder or change some files and reassemble the .hex file (which it doesn't look like I can do on my Macs). IC3 is still hot as hell...need to get a heat sink for that puppy!

Charles