Older MIOS / Application Archive?

c0nsumer

Is there an archive of older versions of MIOS and applications available anywhere? I wasn't able to find any info relating to such a thing in the Download section, and plugging in what seem to be appropriate filenames returns 404's on the files.

Thanks...

-Steve

What're you after mate?

Just wanting to see what was changed... General things are reflected in the changelog, but with out public (-ly known?) CVS or SVN it's hard to see what was actually changed. Pulling diffs is the only way I can go.

For what it's worth, I found some of the older ones on what I think is an old Israeli SourceForge mirror. As these are GPL'd files, they appear to be the ones which were pulled from SourceForge around the time TK changed the license from GPL to what it currently is. Those files can be found here: http://ftp3.ie.freebsd.org/pub/sourceforge/m/mi/mios/

That's not really what I want, though... I'm more interested in the SID-specific stuff. I'm only able to find binaries of those. :(

-Steve

I deleted most of the old releases since I feel a bit sheepish when everybody is able to find the bugs I made in the past... ;-)

What is so interesting on the old stuff in particular?

My interest was really two-fold. One, to see if I could figure out why the software was re-licensed from GPL, but after reading through some of the more heated forum discussions, I think I understand why, and I can't blame you. (For some of it I'm surprised it's still this open, but that's another discussion...)

Two, I'm fairly new to working with PICs, and I want to see what sort of things are changed in order to fix X or Y bug. I want to try and learn from the corrections you made just to see how things are done. There are some changes I would like to try making to the SID application (specifically the redesign of the menu system to be editable with a single button + rotary encoder), but I don't know enough yet software-wise to do them. So I'm trying to learn what I need to know. This seems like one of the steps.

-Steve

If it really helps: http://www.ucapps.de/tmp/mbsid_old.zip

(link will be removed tomorrow)

If you want to learn more about CS programming, than have a look into the MIDIbox TC application - this was a "prove of concept" for the MBSID menu handling, and contains more comments for the "simple" things, which are not commented anymore in MBSID

Best Regards, Thorsten.

If it really helps: http://www.ucapps.de/tmp/mbsid_old.zip

(link will be removed tomorrow)

If you want to learn more about CS programming, than have a look into the MIDIbox TC application - this was a "prove of concept" for the MBSID menu handling, and contains more comments for the "simple" things, which are not commented anymore in MBSID

Ah, nice. Thank you. :)

I first need to detail every menu item which exists, and just figure out a different way to arrange them, then see if it is useful. Not that your menuing system is bad at all, I just want to try and do something different, and hopefully it'll be useful.

I see what you are saying about the TC application as well. That's just the level of comments I'm needing. Thanks!

-Steve