Please help !!! Encoders not working!!!

CATDOG

Midibox 64e  64 pots  64 din 32 dout

I'm making some kind of traktor controller

How can I tell MIOS that I have only 4 encoders instead 8 buttons? on the second sr  I've made only 2x4 din's 

Please help, I couldnt understand enything in conf file  I'm not programmer

PS sorry 4 my awful english

PlEASE, Someone? help me !!!

I can't configure anything in tables.inc main.inc

Please e-mail me sanya@lefortovo.net compiled hex & syx files for 64pots 56 din 8of them is menu, bank etc & 4 encoders, 4 encoders allocate to last microchip of second din

I have one core module 2x4dins 2x4ains 2x4 douts

Could you please send me your project directory? Then I can check what has gone wrong (I don't know, which changes you already did...)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

I changed alot, but everything I done was useless, maybe i'm using wrong pakage midibox64e_v2_2.zip  If I'm trying to compile it makes only syx files, hex stays original, I tried to make changes in ain64_din128_dout128_v2_0.zip It makes hex well, but it's not the one I need

I'm about 0 skilled programmer, please help !!! E-mail me precompiled binary. I just need 4 encodes, menu buttons, all unused dins: buttons & 64 ains 32 douts? assigned to the buttons

You will find the binary here:

http://www.ucapps.de/tmp/setup_midibox_catdog.zip

There are open questions (e.g. to which pins are the encoders and menu button connected, do you have detented or non-detented encoders), but however, now you can just change the setup_*.asm file if required

I haven't tested if it is working

Please use MIOS Studio for uploading the .hex file

Best Regards, Thorsten.

You will find the binary here:

http://www.ucapps.de/tmp/setup_midibox_catdog.zip

There are open questions (e.g. to which pins are the encoders and menu button connected, do you have detented or non-detented encoders), but however, now you can just change the setup_*.asm file if required

I haven't tested if it is working

Please use MIOS Studio for uploading the .hex file

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Thank you very much. It's working!!! I can't beleve it!!!

I have non detended encoders, menu buttons connected to the first microchip, using mios studio to upload

Alright, so you need to adapt the encoder type at the bottom of the *.asm file.

The encoders have to be connected to the 8th shift register (last one of the second DINX4 module)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Thanks alot, but I forgot about touch sensors, do I need to change the configuration, or just solder them properly & it will work?

Please let me know if I don't need to make any changes, If some changes are reqired, please sent me new  configuration with TS on second SR

One more time, thank you!!!

Touch sensors are enabled, it should work with any DIN pin, therefore no new binary is required

I wouldn't be so easy for me anyhow. I'm writing from my laptop, I would have to turn on my PC, compile, transfer to laptop, uploading via ftp, etc... a procedure of about 15 minutes.

So, if you have more whishes for changes (e.g. you have to change the encoder type), it would be better if you would re-assemble the file by yourself.

It's very easy! Just copy the setup_midibox_catdog.asm file into the folder where MB64E is located, use MPASMWIN like described at my homepage to build a .hex, and upload the new .hex file

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Touch sensors are enabled, it should work with any DIN pin, therefore no new binary is required

I wouldn't be so easy for me anyhow. I'm writing from my laptop, I would have to turn on my PC, compile, transfer to laptop, uploading via ftp, etc... a procedure of about 15 minutes.

So, if you have more whishes for changes (e.g. you have to change the encoder type), it would be better if you would re-assemble the file by yourself.

It's very easy! Just copy the setup_midibox_catdog.asm file into the folder where MB64E is located, use MPASMWIN like described at my homepage to build a .hex, and upload the new .hex file

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Thanks a lot and sorry for disturbing, I'll try recompiling binary by myself(when I'll build next midibox), but it's not easy for me, maybe I should understand how to do it later..

One more thank you for making such amazing tool. I did'nt ever dream about mixer\player\scratcher I'm making now because it is very expensive to me. In Russia it costs about 3000 euros halfanalog traktor controller from allien&health(maybe I wrote in not corectly) and it has no touch sensors!!! WTF?! they didn't make metallic jog and put one transistor to make it possible, in fact, it's about 10 times cheaper and more interesting making it by yourself and much more functional than ready one...

I'm very glad to see people ready to help newbie =)))

best regards

CATDOG,

I was a newbie and still a newbie.. But it does not say that its impossible to build these projects. One thing I've learned in joining this forum/project is, people are helpfull in this forum and the projects are very well documented.

I got by most of the time by using the Search function of this site. You'll be suprise that most of the questions of most projects (at least in my case, MBSEQv2) have been ask before and answered already.

I hope this helps!!

• 2 weeks later...

Please help, can someone recompile binary http://www.ucapps.de/tmp/setup_midibox_catdog.zip I need to change the encoder type to MIOS_ENC_MODE_NON_DETENTED instead of detended2

Have you tried to do it yourself? It's very easy. Just install MPLAB, fire up MPASMWIN, point it at main.asm and click 'Assemble'.

It would be better to get things fixed so that if you need anything changed in the future you can compile it yourself. What about it isn't working?

Thanks all, everything is fine now. Everything is working, compiling etc... Thanks a lot!!!  Another one question is about encoder resolution and mistakes it's not deadly cruel, but it's not good when i'm scratching it's loosing orienteation (a little) is it normal or i did something wrong My conf is 36 step increment encoder set to +- 00 speed  speed normal

No, this isn't normal, since MIOS scans the encoders each mS, which means, it can determine up to 500 pulses (in theory). In practice I never reached such a high pulse rate...

This effect can happen when you've connected the pins of the encoders in the wrong order. Just try the other 2 possible combinations to find out if one of them works better

Best Regards, Thorsten.

No, this isn't normal, since MIOS scans the encoders each mS, which means, it can determine up to 500 pulses (in theory). In practice I never reached such a high pulse rate...

By the way, thanks for mentioning this rate. I had been curious about it, but I never bothered to actually check into how often it scans the encoders.

-Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you all, everything works fine, I'm playing on it with a great pleasure. I shall make some fotos now to place it in midibox gallery I hope

Finally it's ready, tested, bugfixed & working !!! My midibox 64e p4 + hardware fx's built in Creative sb live 5.1  Yeah, I've made hardware "kills" by switches, disconnecting from the pot and connecting to the grond works fine!!!

http://blui.boom.ru/DSCN3818.JPG

http://blui.boom.ru/DSCN3819.JPG

http://blui.boom.ru/DSCN3820.JPG

http://blui.boom.ru/DSCN3821.JPG

http://blui.boom.ru/DSCN3822.JPG  Oh, i've forgot to disconnect the lcd =)))

http://blui.boom.ru/DSCN3823.JPG

Nice! :) I'm rather surprised noone has built a PC and midibox into a single case before, it could be great for a software DJ.

A few thoughts - You might want to consider shielding the PC away to avoid EMF messing with your AINs... and careful about those fans at the front, I'm not sure if I'd be more worried about blocking them off and overheating the PC.... or standing too close and having them chop my family jewels off!  :o

Nice! :) I'm rather surprised noone has built a PC and midibox into a single case before, it could be great for a software DJ.

I don't think this is a good idea, because then you have to upgrade / replace the package. Just do it externally and you can then use the control surface with any PC, upgrade the PC easily, etc.

-Steve