mbsid no sound. all test passes

carsten_the_dane

Ok. I have bought a new fuse (actually 3). Now 9V ac can be measured directly from the c64 PSU.

The 7809 still gets very hot. I cannot measure 5V, and measuring right at the beginning of my vector board, where ground and 5V are, i get 1.7V.

I have also noticed that after i turn of the PSU i can still measure low voltage (about .30) for a long time.

Help please  :'(

Carsten

I get 1.7 on the input. Not right on the c64 plug, but on the first solderings in the circuit. hmmm, i hope you get it.

Im sure this has nothing to do with a short at that particular point. I tried resoldering, but got the same result. In the 5V output, i get 0V.

I have not measured the 9V yet. I think i will do another try today, putting the circuit on a board like toneburst:

http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php?topic=7626.15

It might create more oversight.

/Carsten

i have recreated it on the a board like tonebursts. I can now measure 5V. Im a bit afraid to measure the 14V, how should i go about it?

I think one of the problems with my old circuit (there were others) was the old input plug from the c64. i have now connected my circuit directly to the wires from the c64. And that seems to work.

But again. How should i measure 14V?

/carsten

Yep... maybe. thanks a lot for your help. I am very happy now, i have managed to create a tone. Yipii  ;D

Other problems have arrived, like no message on LCD and a bit of noise on track. But im not asking for help yet. Maybe i can figure it out myself. After all, i have seen text on my LCD earlier.

Again thanks both

And toneburst and altitude

/Carsten

Hi carsten

do you know what the problem was with the old input plug ??

I also finished my 1st optimized psu board yesterday. and first thing what happend - i switched on and the fuse of the c64-psu switched off  ;) Have to test it again today. Hope i get the right fuses @ my local electronic-shop.

G Christian

Not exactly. it think it was a problem with the female part of the input though. because right know i have soldered wires directly to the male part.

But check out my board. And also tonebursts (the link is in a reply above).

Compare my images to Altitudes PCB, and you can follow the lines around the board (i hope)

http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=7626.0;attach=348;image

Green marks: where i cut the cobber lines. Dont think they were all needed, but they helped me visualize.

Red marks: Bridges.

Blue/purple: components. hope you can read it.

psu_top_korrekt.JPG

381_psu_bund_korrekt2_jpg595cd1edd45a71c

383_psu_bund_korrekt_jpg4559aefacdde68f1