The forums are back!

stryd_one

Yay! I never want to see this:

Index of /

Name                    Last modified      Size  Description

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parent Directory        14-Oct-2006 17:21      - 

cgi-bin/                  14-Oct-2006 13:57      - 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again!!

No apology required mate! :)

I think I can safely speak for everyone when I say we're glad to have the forums here at all. A day or two's outage is not so bad :)

Of course, they went down when I was due to do a big batch of soldering and I didn't have all the doco I needed. It sure was bad timing!

I assume that you've been working on this too, so I hope you get some sleep soon mate! Now hurry up with the wiki already! ;) Just kidding :D

I finished my MB SID in the downtime :D.

No, no pictures, it looks like total shit since I dremelled every hole by eyeballing it's position.  To me it's not how it looks, it's how it sounds.  And it sounds AMAZING :).

Heh, I know how THAT goes!  I made a nice cardboard template, drilled/dremelled out the holes, and I still got stuff wrong.  For some reason I cut out the LCD to the size of the metal edging, instead of just the display portion (now I can see inside my MB SID, greaaaaat), and completely messed up the positioning of the corner screwholes for the joystick.  At least the pushbuttons were okay... once I used the stepper bit to make them a bit larger so that they wouldn't rub the edges of the holes due to my imprecise "measuring".  ;)

A synth by any other design would sound as sweet

:D

I'm going to tell people that when they laugh at the spot where I had to contact cement another peice of plastic onto the case to cover up a hole I accidentally overdrilled.

In my defense, my first case was metal, so I got used to being able to sit there and dremel my heart out without overdoing the hole... compared to that this plastic is like butter.