MB SEQ PLAY/POUSE LED

Sasha

I am finishing designing MB SEQ front panel. Everything is almost finished, but I need few ansvers to add or exclude some things in my design. All modules are finished, I just need to solder the wires and cut/engrave the panel (laser cutter again) :)

I would like to add two more status LEDs in my design - play LED and pouse LED (I am planing to use blinking LED for pouse).

1. Can I do it and what exactly should change?

I liked idea of integrated LED BPM display I saw on D2k's MB SEQ interpretation. I know it is MIDImon but since it only uses 3 LED displays I`m not sure how to connect it. (D2k's never ansvered me)

2. Is it last or first 3 displays of MIDImon showing BPM?

This is how it is going to look like, colours might be different. Step buttons will also going be backlighted with coresponding LEDs.

Superbright LEDs drived by ULN2803 will be behind lasercut/engraved acrylic buttons - looks great.

I used TR909, if you like some cool techno font please let me know. I am always in search for some gear fonts.  ;)

261458418_5309137fac.jpg?v=0

hi,

nice design, but maybe ,as you don't have drill the panel you can  add the 4 buttons to select directly the groups, to be ready for the V3....

I've put on my first seq 5 F(x) buttons instead of 4, so i'm now abble to keep functions like "mute all/unmute all" even if F(x) buttons are now allocated to new functions of V3.

Thanks Mox, I like your sequencer very much. Interesting panel design, not so simple as mine, but mine is simple as I am restricted to 2 colours because of sandwich laser material I am going to use again for my panel.

I will stick to V2 design since V3 is not documented yet. I`m not an expert.  :-\ When I make V2 works I will see what and how can I do better in V3. Minimal order for 40x2 displays was 6 pieces so I`ve got enough left for second (V3) sequencer later.

...and, what about my questions, do you know an answer? Thanks in advance

I will add the possibility to connect a LED for Play and Pause into MBSEQ V3, and an untested BPM LED digit output as well. For the 3 digits you will need one DOUT SR for the 8 segments, and 3 free DOUT pins for the cathodes

Best Regards, Thorsten.

That is great to hear Thorsten! :D It is really good to have BPM display visible all the time. I can`t wait for V3.

What about these posibilities with 18F452? I already have finished 3 core modules with this PIC. Can I have these options on SEQ V2? If play/pouse LEDs cannot be done by software I am going to make it with some external toggle circuit.

What about using MIDImon for BPM monitor?

How to connent displays and how to configure it to show BPM?

This should work:

In seq_core.inc you can see:

SEQ_STATE_RUN
You can use this flag to see if the seq is playing
;; --------------------------------------------------------------------------
;;  Menu Tick routine is called on every refresh cycle
;; --------------------------------------------------------------------------
CS_M_DISPLAY_Tick
	;; branch depending on selected page
Put code in before comment there to set the LED pin on if the variable is set. Use
SEQ_STATE_PAUSE			EQU	1	; set if pause 

for Pause

It sounds to me like both of you want to be very friendly but, because of your courtesy and the language bareer between both of you, the other party always thought that the extra attempt at friendliness is an attack of some sort.

Stryd_one, no-one's being unbelievably rude, no reason to get pent up.

Sasa, stryd is just trying to help you, and carry a conversation. If you think he's asking too many questions, you have to remember that this project has already appeared on ebay etc, sold, the whole design hijacked with money channeled to some moron's pocket.

So getting back to the topic... Can anyone tell me how they use a BPM display?

That was just stryd_one's attempt at avoiding an argument. No thread hijacking here.

I say both of you shake hands and stop this mockery.

BTW, Sasa, if you can't get some parts in Serbia, perhaps someone here would like to order them for you and send them further by post if you send that person the cash needed? Of course, it takes a little trust... but this place has never let me down. Take my word for it.