100% newbie to the group/midibox project

Guest gohei

Guest gohei

my girlfriend and i are wanting to start the midibox 64 project, but are not sure where to start. the way we look at it, 16 or 64 shouldn't really matter.

we're 95% software based and want lotsa knobs for a fraction of the cost of buying a commercial controller box.

which PCBs/parts we need to start. we don't want to etch our own PCBs, and would like to buy the PCBs from someone who's familiar with this community.

is there a specific parts list for the 64? we have a wholesale supplier we can go through in the states.

please send correspondence to resofactor@hotmail.com

-gohei

Guest damien
my girlfriend and i are wanting to start the midibox 64 project, but are not sure where to start. the way we look at it, 16 or 64 shouldn't really matter.

Hey, fabulous, a girl interested in building a midibox  ::)

Thorsten has got the best Midibox collection, but you've got the best girl of this site!

Guest nomadicWhale

I would honestly recommend buying the whole stuff from christian. It will save you a lot of troubles. it includes the pcb and parts.

I'm a software guy also and I think without christian I would still be looking for the parts somewhere.

His web site is: www.chris-elektronikseite.de

The thing is that he had an accident and he is in the hospital. I hope he is OK by now.

Good luck...

nW

welcome gohei! its great to have you!  :)

wow I wish I had a girlfriend who would play midi with me!

some advice... be patient, read about the MBHP platform, ask questions, and ordering premade boards makes it easier, probably one of the harder things is deciding which functions you want, and how many controllers, designing the box etc! The beauty of the mbhp platform is that if you decide to add more functions later, you can!

try to design a box that you can easily add more functions to later!

good luck! ;D

p.s. with software, it is easier to use rotary encoders most professional software will support these (or you will have the jumping to position problem using standard potentiometers unless you save your setups using a bankstick