CEM3396 Midibox

dcer10

Hi All,

Any news on the CEM3396 project? I read about it here:

http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=midibox_3396

Does anyone know the status of its development and if it has a future for sure as a midibox? I only ask as I have found a small amount of CEM3396 chips I can buy cheap, so if the project will eventually make it for sure then I will invest, if not I will leave them as I am not capable of doing anything else with them.

Also if anyone knows, how many chips may be required for the midibox synth using these chips?

All the best,

John

Well it's like this....either I one day get it working, or I wasted a stack of cash. Nothing is for sure, I might get hit by a bus when I go for a walk today ;) If I were you I'd be looking at 6 of them, but any amount could be interesting...

So how small is a "small amount" and how cheap is "cheap"?

(This reminds me of "How hot is too hot?"  ;D)

Hiya Stryd_one,

Small is 6

Cheap is about $50 + shipping of about $10 for the 6.

I have a feeling the seller has a stash of them. If you want the source PM me and I think we could buy more as a lot? The opportunity may vanish or get more expensive by tomorrow as its a second change offer on ebay I got. Aparently the price is about to go up...

Im just wondering how viable it would be to buy them, id like to do it, but if your project doesnt happen then I would have little use for them [and would probably sell them to you if you wanted them!!]  ;D

Im not asking for a rock solid commitment to do anything by a given time, but if you are really serious about finishing it then I will buy up now as there here, and will try to get you some too if you like?? Im happy for them to sit on the shelf for ages if need be.

All the best,

John

Well it's like this....either I one day get it working, or I wasted a stack of cash. Nothing is for sure, I might get hit by a bus when I go for a walk today ;) If I were you I'd be looking at 6 of them, but any amount could be interesting...

So how small is a "small amount" and how cheap is "cheap"?

(This reminds me of "How hot is too hot?"  ;D)

Heh, I know how that goes!  "That project sounds cool, when is it going to be ready?" ... "It depends, I could have it working in a few weeks, but I would lose my job, the house would look like crap and my wife would divorce me."