Looking for parts of scavenged c64

Twin-X

Anyone got their chip out their c64?

Not doing anything with the leftovers?

Do me a favor and send me Q4 -Q8 to me? It is the 2n2222 transistor

I need 1 or 2 of those. They are tin canned type transisors.

I really have a problem finding them. I always end getting the newer a type.

Stupid me threw away my old c64 after finishing up my quad 64 (my gf likes thing tidy  ;)).

Stamp will be funded by me  ;D

Regards,

Jeffry

I will check my C64 in the basement and if I have that transistor I will send it to you NP. I use just cases, plugs and SIDs.  ;)

...and watchout your girlfriend. I have same problems explaining my mother that not all junk is junk.

And after lot of years she understands. 8)

I will check my C64 in the basement and if I have that transistor I will send it to you NP. I use just cases, plugs and SIDs.  ;)

...and watchout your girlfriend. I have same problems explaining my mother that not all junk is junk.

And after lot of years she understands. 8)

That would be great Sasa!

Indeed but still my GF thinks everthing i own is junk. Even my libido she says i spend too much time behind my computer  ;)

My wife can at least appreciate that my synths are not junk, nor are the computers (she plays more computer games than I do!).  Those boxes of old circuit boards in the closet *are* junk in her opinion, unfortunately.  As a nice surprise to her, I pulled all the socketed ICs, removed any switches and useful components, and tossed the rest (to electronics recycling).  That reduced three boxes down to half of a box, at least...

Also, Digikey appears to stock both 2N2222s and the 2N2222A - they're both $1.18 CAD, though (for a transistor?  ouch!), P/N 497-3106-5-ND for the 2N2222.  STMicro version.

Also, Digikey appears to stock both 2N2222s and the 2N2222A - they're both $1.18 CAD, though (for a transistor?  ouch!), P/N 497-3106-5-ND for the 2N2222.  STMicro version.

Shipping is 20 dollars to the netherlands.

And i really do not want the 2n2222a or s and i know they ship those when asking for a 2n2222

picture2de3.jpg

circled is Q8, but i cannot see any of the others you mentioned, Twin-x. i lifted that metal lid, but there was only a transistor marked 'E'. other than that, there's only Q1, Q2 and Q3 over by the fuse. any clues?

edit: i straightened the one marked 'E' under ther the metal lid, and written underneath was 'Q7', cheeky little blighter was trying to hide it's identity!

any clues on the rest?

what's the word, big bird? want me to order some from Farnell?

Yess please.

I ment by the rest of the stuff i don't need: In the netherlands you are not allowed to buy from retail suppliers if you do not own a company. It involves tax etc. However farnell allows it if you make a minimum order of 50 - 100 euro. As i do not need anything else i ment that little sarcastic line ;)

You do me a great favor if you order 1 or 2 for me.

Thanks