Small MIDI Interface with multi-client Win XP drivers?

stryd_one

Hi all,

I hope that someone could give me some advice. I'm fast realising that I could really use a basic midi interface on one of my PCs for testing and such... I would need it to have a multi-client driver for winXP, and nothing too special, the cheaper the better. I only need one or two ports, I'd imagine that anything more would be costly.

If anyone knows of such a thing, I'd love to hear about it!

Thanks!

Stryd,

I've got one around here, but it's sort of a backup. I've never had to use it in more than one app, and it's usually on a 2k machine. I wasn't 100% thrilled with their drivers when I used it more, but it was OK.

I think Thorsten actually knows that interface and may have one (he didn't care for the latency IIRC).

Take Care,

George

PS- I may be in the same boat for a 98 machine. Just got a nice 600MHz laptop (nice for me) for doing portable MIDIBox/PIC stuff, and it has no MIDI interface. Sad part is, I think the audio chip (ESS Maestro 3i or something) has the usual 1x1 MIDI built in, but it isn't accessible. Wish I could tap directly to the chip, but I fear it would also involve some sort of activation to cut it on.