Newbie questions

ultra

hello!

i am new to this forum and i'm looking to build a midibox v2 seq that looks a lot like the one made by albert from england (from the midibox seq pictures on ucapps.de) and i have the following questions:

1  where can i find a case like that?  the shiny black is gorgeous and the desktop style is what i'm looking for.

2  i'm looking for nice tactile switches with a chrome button.  does anybody know where to get these?  i'll probably have the leds seperate from the switches simply because it is easier to do and i am new to this kind of thing.

3  my korg electribe sx has these awesome chrome knobs on it and i would like something similiar for this project.  any ideas where to get nice chrome knobs and a data wheel?

4  so far i've ordered the core kit w/pre-programmed pic, the din kit, and the dout kit (quantity of one each) from smashtv.  am i missing anything as far as the kits go?  the banksticks i'm getting elsewhere, i'm gonna order the encoders from smashtv (unless someone can recommend a drop-in replacement for less than $1 each), and the lcds i ordered from the suggestion in this thread (http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php?topic=7302.0).  besides the other things asked about in this post, what am i missing?

5  thanks to thorsten for offering his designs and help for FREE and to everybody else on this forum.  i've read quite a few posts and i'm very surprised at how helpful everybody is.

Hi,

I cannot help you that much on the first three questions... maybe the "Parts Questions" section would be a better location for this.

To 4) you need 3 DINX4 modules, and if you want to use MBSEQ V3 (you definitely want!), you will need a PIC18F4620 and a MBHP_IIC_MIDI module in addition.

To 5) thanks! :)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

thanks for the input.  i'm realizing that things like knobs and switches and even a panel are pretty unimportant right now.  gotta make sure the thing works first.  i'm too excited!

i absolutely want a v3 but i figure i'll let time elapse and the more advanced builders/users can fill the forum with solid information.  as someone new to electronics, i need others to pave the way.  besides that, a v2 would be a great gift for a friend of mine someday.  i'd probably poo myself if someone did that for me :).