LC > patch advancing device for my "dear" Modular G2

uriel

Hi anybody,

I'm using Nord modular G2 from clavia as synth sounds modules, the keyboard version and the 1U rack version, on this last one, the front panel got only Leds, no display, no buttons....So,i was looking for a control surface or something like:

http://www.rattus.net/~packrat/audio/pages/g2-cont/

In this project, the guy use:

#  Atmel ATMega8L Microntroller. 8k flash, 8MHz.

# 6n139 optocoupler for midi in.

as you see, it's more than interresting, you can see the actives patches or performances in the synth without using a pc (nice for "liveset"!)and then you can select a new patch and upload it, obviously, i asking you: can i build an MBLC and get the same "staff" with programming a PIC18F ??????????????

Right, i hope it's fair enough to work on this project, can you answer me?

if TK is in the area, maybe you know about !!!

Anyway, thanks to all, from a year i know the MidiBox project (and open source is my way!) i never stop dreaming about new machines !!!!!

a+

uriel (fr)

Thanks TK, yes, i read it yesterday, it's right way, i spended my time to check if it's what i need...

for TK:

> If you read the page from rattus.net, do you think i have to do the apps by myself or i can get it from an existing apps like MBmon or or MBUC or something else?

'cause i have to control the external machine by 2 way: first is like rattus > uploading patches...and in second part of the CS is dedicaced to control the patch itself > Control CC by parameters defined in the synth

best regards

uriel (fr)

Ok guy, i done an other topic about this subject wich is more documented:

http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php?topic=8103.msg56055#msg56055

For this one, the question was: can i get the same job with a Midibox ?

answer: By the MBUC, i can display and acces to différents synth's parameters like i wanted: Patch name of my external G2 Synth, uploading a new patch or variations in one slot...

I see there for the "master", anyway, i'll make a tutorial about starting a project like that and building it, send it to this website, each one (with his own approach and technical skill) become more experimented with the others, that's a forum !!! isn't it?

a+

uriel (fr)