[ B ] Australia C64 PSU & 2 SID chips

dcer10

Hi all,

Im looking to buy a commodore 64 external power supply that is 240v and in good working condition. Im only really interested in ones from Australia only due to keeping the shipping price down. Im not looking to spend a fortune on one. I think around $10 - $15 Au is fair (plus shipping) for one, but I will consider other prices. If you have more than one Im interested in several, so please let me know a price for the lot. Im not interested in other C64 psu's like the disk drives PSU or similar if they cant be used to power the MB Sid.

Thanks,

John

To be honest, I wouldn't look at using a C64 PSU unless I had one spare. It's pretty easy to wire up a pair of transormers to provide 12VAC and 5VAC.

Given the problems the C64 has inherent, such as noise and instability it does make me wonder why you'd want to search one out to use.  ???

Besides, I think that we should conserve all the working C64's we can whilst they're still abundant.

Hehe, I just realised your the same guy posting on the MBSid section of the forum. Maybe the threads should be merged?

Wiring a new transformer would be no harder than wiring the socket to use the C64 PSU. You still need the rectifiers and caps whichever way you go. At least with a new transformer you can be reasonably sure it'll not die on you!

It's really simple, wire the primaries to the Live and Neutral of you mains supply, and the secondaries go to your rectifier input

Also to add to the post I am interested in a couple of SID chips, any kind will be ok if the price is right. I would prefer 1 x 6581 and 1 x 8580 if possible. I would like to get my hands on them fairly quickly and an Australian seller would be preferred.

Thanks,

John