What oldschool videogame should i wreck to find THE SID?

Djo

SID's should be in nintendos, right?

no.

If not, where should i search them (never saw a commodore64 computer here, in Ukraine)? I really wish this synth is in nintendo (got a tons of them).

The SID was constructed for the C64 and built by MOS who later were even owned by Commodore. As far as I know, no other machine used them. If there are no C64s in the Ukraine, then eBay is your friend. eBay Germany alone has a few hundred C64s sold every week, you just need to find a seller that ships to your country.

Seppoman

The PIC thing has nothing to do with the SID sound. Maybe it´ll bring some interesting sounds, but don´t wait for a reproduction of the character of the SID...

About shipping costs: Of course things like whole synths that are big and heavy will cost a fortune for international shipping. But I once won an auction of a package with C64s and loads of old joysticks disk drives etc. and I persuaded the seller that he´d just pull out the SIDs and throw the rest into the garbage. So if you get in contact with sellers before bidding, this might be a way to get reasonable shipping costs.

Seppoman

• 3 weeks later...

SID's should be in nintendos, right? If not, where should i search them (never saw a commodore64 computer here, in Ukraine)? I really wish this synth is in nintendo (got a tons of them).

You shouldn't wreck anything. Either buy stand-alone SIDs, ask friends with broken C64s for them, or buy 'for parts' C64s on eBay. Trashing a wholly working vintage computer just to rip out one chip is rather wasteful.

-Steve