64 digital out on then rest??

em978

So I finally got all of the wiring i can get done on my box at the moment done. There are some leds out that need to be replaced... along with string of resistors that need to be replaced also which, is why a whole row of LEDs are not working.

Anyways I have been turning on all my leds through midi and not matter where they start or end, once all 64 digital outs are turned on the whole box resets itself. I do me at 64 total because I have turned on all but one and it doesn't reset but if a turn on that last one it resets.

I guess this it's a big issue but I curious if there is something that I should be checking for.

thanks evan

here are some pictures of the box

box08.jpg

box05.jpg

box04.jpg

Hi Evan

Usually I would say this is power supply, but if that's the case here you would have to be right at the threshold of what your supply can push with 63, and just over it with 64 (does not seem likely unless your luck is like mine)  ;)

If you do decide to look in that direction check this post: http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php?topic=6670.msg42417#msg42417

Best

Smash

I found another bit of strangeness going on that might have something to do with the resting...

All the din connection from d7-d4 across all boards and connection.. are working for each button press at a time but once two buttons are pressed all the notes in for the 4 pin block go on. I'm not sure what i should be looking .. I swapped the chips on the digital ins and the connection and everything is fine. I also check to the hardware and there was not problem there.

thanks

= )

evan