Program Change Modifier

Guest Matt

I have a problem that requires a box that can look at 2 incoming program changes (from two sockets) and then output a third based on the two inputed, using a specified table of values.  I have been looking on the net for a comercially availible unit to do such a task but am begining to realise that the only way to do this is to custom build a unit.  I have a little theoretical knowledge of electronics but very little practical experience of building circuits.

There seem to be a lot of people using your web site that know what they are talking about.  For the time being I am just trying to find out if this is possible before I start looking at ways to build such a device.  I would imagine there are chips etc that are capable of such processing but would requires advanced coding to do such a task.

So if anyone has an idea about how this would be possible or would like more detailed information on the nature of the problem please could you post your response on here or e-mail me at BjTCHMonkey@Hotmail.com

Cheers, Matt  

Hi Matt,

this could be realized with the "MIDI merger" application, which provides two MIDI Ins and one MIDI Outs. It requires some additional modifications to parse for program change events, however - the source code is free available ;-)

Best Regards, Thorsten.