Newbie Coding - Need help on Translating button functions for MBSID Step B

Artesia

Hi,

Anyone who's willing to give some pointers.. your input here is welcome :)

Right, well i have a little bit of experience programming in the past, pascal and basic.. that sort of thing.. And been having some huge problems getting to grips with whats going on with both the overall structure of the MIOS source & the mish mash of c++ & asm is confusing the ell' out of me :/

The Seemingly simple task i've hit a current dead end with, is making the Sid Slave Select buttons/toggles accessble from within a Step B interface. The original intentions where to simply remap the four right buttons below the screen to those functions; when they where in the patch seleect mode (and not assigned to other things). I nievely remapped those buttons, for all function calls initially (see other post for details). The other option is to add  4 toggleable options within the first/root menu.

See here for project post: http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php?topic=7854.msg59000#msg59000

I'm, really, really stumped on this now ..i dont know which part of the 'ball of string' to start pulling at.. so that it'll all unravel in a way that makes sense...

Hi Artesia,

And been having some huge problems getting to grips with whats going on with both the overall structure of the MIOS source & the mish mash of c++ & asm is confusing the ell' out of me

the SID app is written entirely in ASM;

and there's no C++, just plain C; but I guess this won't help you unless you want to code a complete Control-Core ;)

sorry, I'm no ASM-coder, so I cannot point you to any real useful stuff regarding this issue, but maybe I could clearify some basics :-\

best regards,

Michael

Thanks..

ah, well.. that explains some of the confusion...

wonder if anyone whos sufficently versed in the ASM involved could give some input ? :)

Well, im off to bed now.. literally. ..my head hurts ..hopefully i may awake to a little light on this matter :)