vj controllers

kris

ive seen a few people post about making controllers especially for vj ing

but im wondering if anyone has ever fineshed one as i dont seem to be able to find

any pics or posts about them  id be interrested in any experinces info thanks

ps im not shure if this is posted in the correct place or not

thats the thing ive been messing with resolume but id like input on good software to check out before i commit to layout etc

i really like live manipulation of images after playing music for a while vj ing really takes it to another level there are so many different ways of going about it  each  vj has a very different  approach and even for resolume each person would have a different layout even more so than for music

anyway thanks for the input its keep researching i suppose there are some good vj boards i should check out i suppose

getting a head of myself i suppose as before the vj mixer ive got a new topplate/layout to make for my midi-box and the midi-controlled analogue filter is very interresting as well so many projects so little time

kris

ps thanks sasha i really like what youve done to thoes acrylic buttons are wild

pps the one thing id definately like to include  is multiple video outputs resolume

only has one it would be good to have say 4 different projectors then say have four sources of image mixed between the four outputs . this comes from working with a vj in delhi doing 4,6,8 projector instalations he was using splitters to split the signal and creating material with four different images to much of compromise to much preperation over spontaneity iknow theres a vj program like reaktor soyou could configure four outputs but i cant remember what its called or if its any good

enough waffeling already

kris

LOL

that device looks awesome hey... I like when VJ's make kinda abstract graphics which are based on the music and move to it... Can't imagine how a few DVD's mixed together could be that cool, but then WTF do I know about VJ'ing ;)

... Does anyone know if there's like a VJ youtube or something where a musician can look for VJ's who make stuff they like?

OT: kris I love the new sig :)

thanks for the input

id like  to find a program with 4 outputs to be able to play loops like audio samples and to add and manipulate effects in realtime something like reason but for video the flashy gui isnt so important

what im thinking of for a mixer is four joysticks to control the position of the clips four joysticks to control the amount of four effects on each clip a button matrix for clip selection and a mixer section for opacity transport controls and manipulation of effects this will be mounted in one box with the computer like an oversised laptop maybe even touch screen as they are getting quite cheap

are there any good quality external (firewire graphics cards) as this would be easier to get the four outputs than with pci

anyway the search goes on