MFs only with LC right?

Maggi

hello there,

i hope another noob doesn't bother you too much.... but i'm a bit confused right now.

I read somewhere here that motorfaders only work with MIDIBox LC and wondered if that is true?

Well if so, do i have to build such an LC with all of those modules listed in the wiki even if i don't need them?

1x core module with PIC18F452

1x graphic LCD (240×64 of pixels) or 2 characters LCDs (2×40 characters)

4x DINX4 module for 96 switches

3x DOUTX4 module for LED rings and LEDs

1x LTC module

1x MF module

Because my first design of a control has 8 MFs, 34 buttons and 24 pots (if possible encoders) and a lcd... and then i thought of a master fader, but as far as i know if that should be a MF too i would then need an additional core and MF module? if that's true is it possible to make it a normal fader without a motor?

and another question: with the lc application on the pic, i'd have to chose a Mackie Control in Cubase or?

I'm sorry if those questions had been answered before but i searched around here for a while, having found nothing.

Hi, if I'm not wrong, you can use the motorfaders with MB64 too, but if you plan to use the controller for cubase I recommend you MBLC app because you can have all the keys mapped by the mackie protocol.

so ahead with the answers:

If you plan to build a MBLC, you'll need what you wrote but the LTC module is not really necessary, you can use it to have leds monitoring the midi traffic of the MBLC in and out. You could also add another DOUT if you plan to implement ledmeters, but currently they don't work very well (I'm using Ableton live and the meters give me erratic readings).

The maximum number of analog potentiometers the MBLC app can handle is limited to 8, so

you can change in the code the behaviour of the first of the 8 motorfaders, in this case you'll have one motorized masterfader and 7 track motorfaders. If you want 8 track motorfaders and one motorized masterfader you have to build another core and a nother MF module, but it makes sense in this case to use all the potential of the additional MF module and core to build an extension to have 15 track motorfaders and 1 masterfader.

With one core and 4xdinx you can connect up to 64 switches on 2 dins and up to 28 encoders on the last 2 dins, remember that the last shift register has to be connected to the motorfader's touch sensors (I can't live without them). You can avoid to connect the touch sensors, but without them Mios wouldn't stop the motorfaders motor. 

Yes, you need to choose mackie control.

Hope it helps