New Midibox Project: Help me understanding!

superdavies

Hi to everyone

I'm starting a new midibox project based on this idea: midifying 2 keyboard and make some controller to control a VST instrument.

I've bought all the stuff and i've just build them.

My question is about the exact procedure for linkin'g the two cores, first of midio128 (for keyboards) and second of midibox64 (for controllers). I've read the Midibox link page and I think I have to made midibox64 the master and midio 128 the slave: what about the power supply? I have to use J2 or I have to power up the two using J1? what components I have to remove? I have to plug also an Ltc and LCD module...where? In the midio or in the midibox? Is it possible to find somewhere a little example about the thing I'm tryin'to do ( I really don't think I'm the first to do this) the right procedure for linking only two cores? Second question. After the work is done I need to have 3 midi connector on the rear of my controller:2 Midi in, midi out and midi thru: The midi in is the one of the midibox and it is free, the midi out of the midibox isn't free because is connected to the PC running the VST instrument, the midi out of the PC running the  VST is free: What to do?

Where I must plug another midi controller if I'm in need? Can I plug it in the midi in of midibox or it's better in an eventual midi in in the PC running the VST? Where to put a midi merge to have 2 midi in? After or Before midibox? And what about midi thru?

Excuse me for my question, maybe stupid, but I'm not very familiar to midi, but I WANT understand!!!

Thank you very much!!!

Superdavies