any ideas

kris

hello

im trying to get my first midi-box up and running its one of the first all in one boards and one of the old chips

anyway it boots fine all of the buttons sliders etc are working fine but ive attached it to a m-audio midisport and connected to my xp box with midi-ox running and i get no signal

ive checked and re-checked the wiring thru from midi out to midi in on midi sport checked the usb leads etc

this box has  been in storage but worked fine before and hasnt got damp etc i removed the midi to usb before storage and connected another now

its got me baffeled and any input on gotos is going to be gratfully received the only think i can think of is the 6n 138 opto coupler but this is on midi in not out so shouldn't

effect the midi out

thanks kris

did you check to make sure midiox is configured properly?  i think you have to set which input(s) to monitor.

try another piece of midi gear to your midisport.  buying a $100 casio or yamaha keyboard from best buy is always an option if you're desperate.  they have a pretty good return policy :P.  that'll tell you if it's the midisport or your midibox that doesn't work.

even if you're not sure what's causing the problem, you should be able to find out pretty easily which device doesn't work.

thanks for the reply

midi-ox is configured ok it gets signals from my other midibox midi-sport combination

another midi input thru the midi-sport is a good idea

cant help wondering about the optocoupler theres away to test them with a meter but i cant remember how oh well

kris

all sorted it was a crossed wire from midi-box board to usb-midi interface

i think really it was upset at being in storage so just needed the right amount of attention before its going to play again but now its ready hurrah