anyone selling midibox sid's?or seqv3?or does anyone have a step by step tut?

syntheticsolace

anyone selling midibox sid's?or seqv3?

I don't think anyone wants me to punch them in the head all that much ;)

Seriously though, no, and it's frowned upon to sell them without TK's permission. It's a non-commercial project.

or does anyone have a step by step tut

You should look around more :) There may not be a 100% complete singular document, but all the info you need is around.

i don't think i have what it takes to be able to make one.

You don't need instructions, you need a confidence boost! :D

Maybe once you have a look around, you can get to know the subject a bit better, and you might also notice some people to inspire you, and the huge number of people around to support you :)

You don't have to have much experience. I just finished a SID, and it was the first DIY electronics thing I ever did. I'd done a small ammount of soldering in the past, but that's it. I know very little about electronics. It only took me about 4 hours of actual work, and a large portion of that was looking stuff up.

+1 to what stryd said about the info being on the site. I did have to ask two questions in the forum, but I got the exact answer I needed the same day. There's also a good chance that the info was already on the site and I just missed it.

If you can solder thre shouldnt be a prob to build a sid. There are 3 major steps to complete one. On the left side under MB Hardware platform are all the modules needed for the midiboxes. every one has a unique function. digital in (din) for inputs like buttons or everything with 0s and 1s. ain for analog inputs like potis. dout is for switching something on and off (like leds most of it). and so on. look around and youll understand much more....

first of all you need a core module and a sid modul. you can buy preetched boards by smashtv or pcbmike. you can also etch yourself. google for "diy etching" or something like that. youl find pretty much. You also need a preburned pic (the big chip on the core). thats your "brain". it captures or delivers the signals from or to the other boards connected to it. the ain dins douts .... are that. also to be buyed at smashtv or pcbmike. you can also buy empty pic and ask someone in the forum to burn it for you. (I think everyone has got a pic burned here, when he asked for it). But you can also build a pic burner by your own. go left to "PIC Burner". I think it would be a very good beginning for you, because its just one board to do. You can learn to solder (and etch) probably and you can burn your pics at once when you need them.

But look ahaid.. it surely take some time and convidence in the beginning of this, but once your first parts are running you cant get enough of it :)

try it out youll see what we mean.

greetz

• 2 weeks later...