IIC Loopback

Ok now that I have my 18F4620 working properly I am having strange behaviour with the IIC Midi output. The board I'm using is from Mike, only stuffed with thep arts for MIDI output. The core is V2, yes I do have the 1K resistor on J4 :)

I have sent the change device id to 0000 0000 0010 0000, it runs on the box and the screen displays the same Device ID number. Then I send the IIC loopback application, also uploads fine. The box reboots and displays this:

S11        S12        S13        S14

-            -          -            -

From the ucapps page describing the IIC module it is difficult to tell if this display is correct. I would imagine that this screen would tell me if the IIC bus has something at ID's 10,11,12,13. Does my screen indicate the core isn't reading anything at these ID's on the IIC bus?

I change over the MIDI cable to the output of the IIC module, send MIDI from MIOS studio and nothing is echoed back to the MIDI In monitor.

Double checked schematic and boards for continuity between core and the input on IIC, all seems fine.

Double checked for continuity between PIC socket pin 10 and the MIDI socket. The power LED comes on.

Now I'm a bit stumped, any suggestions?

Dave mK

ps I'm off to buy another 18pin socket so I can solder it into the PIC burner. My suspicion is that the PIC16 from mike also isn't flashed properly......

ooooh i can reply to myself and try to get my post number up!

I put the 18 pin PIC connector on the burner and tested the PIC16F88, it passed fine, 0 errors.

So I set off tracing all the connections and it turns out that silly me didnt realise on the interconnection diagram that SC and SD cross when connected to the IIC  :-[

quickly resoldered them and low and behold the TX LED lights up and I can upload apps via the IIC!!!! Whahooooooo :)

only thing that seems a little weird is that even though I have reuploaded the IIC Loopback app via the IIC module itself when I send midi notes from MIOS Studio they still arent echoed back. But to be honest I'm off to finally play with this darn sequencer after years of soldering  ;D

best

d

Fine that the module is working now! :)

Btw.: the LCD shows [tt]Sl1 Sl2 Sl3 Sl4[/tt] for Slave 1/2/3/4

only thing that seems a little weird is that even though I have reuploaded the IIC Loopback app via the IIC module itself when I send midi notes from MIOS Studio they still arent echoed back.

SysEx commands to MIOS are handled in a special way, they won't be reported to the application, accordingly they cannot be forwarded to the IIC slaves. So - I think that the modules are ok :)

Best Regards, Thorsten.