Midid Machine Control

keninverse

Q....

Quick question can any of these projects send MMC?  I want to build a flooboard to start/stop sequencers and such...Can this be done

A...

I'm sure it would work....

a very minimal project (Core, Din, power supply plus a few support components is all you would need) I can check this out if you want, would you like me to check if it will work?? What sequencer?? if it is computer based, then definately, if it is in conjunction with tape machines, then I'm not sure....

what is a flooboard?? is it a foot controlled transport remote??

mmmmm.. I don't think they send mmc. I asked this when I wanted to control Albleton Live. Then Ableton brought out Tap tempo and all was solved.

Ken, if your sequencer accepts a midi event ie note, cc or whatever then you can use the MB to do it. I use the Mb to control most of my goodies.

What do you intend to control with it ?

Perhaps you could build the MB Seq and use a note event to sync your sequencer.

A floorboard, Steve, is normally used by guitarists to operate the functions of a gat synth like the pod or zoom effect units.

Basically a midi controller operated by your feet.

Pots can be put in pedals ( like proel pedal etc ) and assigned to vol, expression etc.

I have built the floorboard from this site to change banks in my drum module so I can change which samples I trigger in Ableton Live with my drum kit. 8)

Ian

I'm trying to access a RS7000...I'm a synthesist/guitarist but I need to be able sometimes to start/stop sequences as well as tap tempo.  I don't think MMC can handle tap tempo but I would like a footcontroller to start/stop sequnces as well as change sequences (which can be handled by MMC).  So I was thinking the midibox would be the best way to go since I can tailor my setup.  What do you guys think?

hi ken,

i think you should use the Floorborad project by T.Klose.

But you need to modify the source code a little bit, so that (for axample) pedal 01 will send a "MMC Start" message instead of a "Program change 01" message. This is a question of 4 or 5 bytes, no more.

If you don't know anything about programming, then jsut ask the question here in the forum.

I think Floorboard can be the solution.

RAF