TK's led sockets

intellijel

Question for TK:

in the SEQV3 photo documentation of you making your button/led matrix, what did you use for those clear buttons that cover the led's?

I can see how you glued led's to tact switches but then you put them into some kind of "socket:".

Also, how do you like the verowire? Does that Verowire pen work well? They don't seem to be too common here but I am always looking for new and efficient ways to prototype circuits.

thanks!

• 1 month later...

TK said:

I must thank Ilmenator again for this inspiration! Smiley

It's not the same as demonstrated here, but today I tried a 5mm LED together with a tact button "TASTER 3301B" and a transparent button cap #705191 from Conrad (0,27 EUR) - it works great:

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Search search search!

*stryd one runs in circles screaming and then trips on a stick and falls into the oncoming traffic*

I know this has been covered before, and if you don't look, and ask TK, then it takes his time away from more cool things for us to build and the fun things he would like to do in his spare time  :'(

I know, sometimes it can take HOURS to find what you need... It sucks, but that's DIY, it takes time and effort! Edit: the other night, I had to search for two hours to find one of my own posts hahahaha

I decided that I should search for it myself before I mouthed off, so here is how easy you could have found it:

Click the search link

Search for: LED button cap

By user: TK

Scroll down.

Not hard! I know, sometimes you have to experiment for a while with different search strings, but it's the same with every search engine....

Edit: this is not the official opinion of a moderator, I'm just a cranky bastard mouthing off :)

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bring this post back, but I did search and search again! 

I even translated the German catalog and looked up the part to see if I could find the same manufacturer at Mouser or jameco or something.

So, does anyone know where to get clear button covers in the U.S.?

And I did see the hard plastic ones from a us distributer in another post.  I like the rubbery ones TK used.

Thanks