Slave mode - Will not sync at end of long song

whomper

The song I am working on has a lot of measures and sequences. When syncing to Logic and kick starting Play near the end of the song, Seq3 will initiate playing but at the first pattern only:

Song 1:

A1x16, A2x16, A3x16, A4x15, A5x1, A6x16, A7x8, A8x8, B1x16, B2x8, B3x8, B4x16, B5x16, B6x8, B7x2, B8x16, C1x1, C2x16, C3x8, C4x16, C5x16, C6x16, C7x16.

When playing from the position of C6x15, Seq3 correctly plays, but when playing from C6x16 (Pattern 258 in Logic), Seq3 plays A1. Moving forward, it looks like Seq3 is now starting to play from the beginning of the Song.

If I leave the sequencer to play from pattern 257 (which is ok) and let it run, it will correctly play the rest of the song. it is just kick starting it from after pattern 258, that produces this issue.

Whomper

Nope, both bytes supported...

I'm daft though, cause SPP is a counter of beats not measures.... Each beat is 6 clocks...16384 (14 bits 0x3FFF) beats * 6 clocks = 98,304 ticks / 24ppqn / 16 steps = 256.

You just hit the limit of SPP perhaps?

SPP has a 16th note resolution.

The problem is, that the internal song pointer of MBSEQ is only prepared for 8bit.

It will cost me some effort to change it to 16bit - Whomper, please let me know if it is really required.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

TK,

My productions usually run above ~8 and this is where I am currently stuck as Seq3 will not slave anymore, thus I am unable to use it for work (only for under 8min compositions).

It would be really helpfull if you could overcome this issue as otherwise I will need to sync starting from 7 min and wait till I reach the point I need to record at. It might be 10 min ahead :-(.....

Whomper

Ohh I didn't realise it was dropping out at 8 mins... I hate to say, but that is kinda soon, I've done a few tracks over 12 minutes in the past, and that's just music, not counting film and stage stuff :-\ It would be a shame not to be able to use the seq for those tracks :(