Mios LCD?

Sephult

I think so far only one graphic LCD is supported (Displaytech 64240A), I think Thorsten is currently writing a driver for another one. (T6963C) Obviously Hitachi type character displays are supported. 16*2, 20*2, 40*2 have been used for different applications

bye, from steve

Yes, KS0108 based GLCDs are already supported, the T6963C controller will be available with MIOS V1.2 --- but the performance of this driver will be very poor. The reason for this is the fact that the T6963C stores the graphical data in horizontal lines and not in vertical lines. This makes it necessary to rotate the fonts by 90° via bitmapping. E.g., for 4x8 chars which are used by the LC emulation, 32 bits have to be copied before the final character can be copied into the LCD memory via Read-Modify-Write. For a KS0108 based display the driver just only have to transfer 4 bytes to the display.

So: T6963C controllers are cheap, but not really usefull. I haven't tested yet if the complete LC emulation can already run with only one core module when this GLCD is used. Maybe two cores are required for this configuration.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

In that case, is it really worth the effort?? (for t6963c)

not really, but for myself it's some kind of sport to get it running ;-) It's still usefull for applications which are more relaxed on timings.

Best Regards, Thorsten.