The MIOS Studio... she no work for me.

Alright, I just built my CORE and wired the LCD in. I'm powering it with a 9 v wall wart. Everything seems to look alright, but....

When I open MIOS studio, and try and set up the MIDI device routing, I cant.

I highlight the in on my midi interface, and the MIOS studio in port and press connect. Nothing happens. Well, it actually says that I'm running an unlicensed version of MIOS studio. I thought this thing was open source?!?

I can't uplode MIOS because I can't get my interface and CORE talking to each other.

Now what do I do?

LOL Wilba  ;D

Hmm that's not a MIOS Studio error, that's an error with the MIDI driver.

This is one for the Mac guys which I am not, but a quick googling tells me that Mandolane is the Intel Mac version of Plumstone. Plumstone makes your hardware midi ports visible to java, which for some unknown reason requires 3rd party software on OSX only... It's also free.

I assume you got Mandolane because you've got an intel mac, but that one is shareware and you'll have to pay for a license after your demo expires, which it has done.

I wonder if one of you Mac guys knows about a free alternative? I know we're always telling people they need plumstone but it seems it doesn't work on current Macs  :-\ That would not be good....

Hi jrkirkish!

works like a charm, for all you mac guys.

Is it actually working for you?  I mean, have you uploaded MIOS or an app with mmj yet?

With mmj I get 90 40 7F (note on) instead of the correct bootloader upload request.....

With no other changes but swapping mmj for mandolane I get the correct bootloader request (F0 00 00 7E 40 00 01 F7).

I attached a couple of screenshots to better explain.

No idea what is going on with mmj vs. sysex, it would be great to have a working all free setup.....But on the other hand 6euros for a working driver/patch is a bargain.

Best

SmashTV

mmj_thumb.gif

MandolaneMidi_thumb.gif

1231_mmj_gif5e901dec69356a58875ea007307f

1233_MandolaneMidi_gifdc47e544c12d127696

• 3 months later...

I didn't realize that Mandolane driver expired until I tried uploading the LED matrix test app at 4AM. I was just gonna pay the fee, but it said it could take like 3 days to come and I *really* wanted to test it, hehe. So, I found the mmj driver but it didnt work AT ALL for me. Could not upload anything, would just hang.

Then I had to boot into Windows :(

The point of my story is that mmj does not work for me.