display of the pattern in 32 step mode

bosone

when you are using a 32 step pattern (length=32), what about an  automatic "switch" on the display as the step goes after the number 16?

i mean:

on the display it is always show either the 1-16 OR the 17-32 part of the 32 step pattern.

if you have to make some change on the "other part" of the patter (17-32 when you are displaying 1-16 and viceversa) you have to switch the display with the appropriate button.

it could  perhaps be useful that this change (1-16 -> 17-32 -> 1-16, etc) is handled automatically, so that you always see the part of the pattern that it's playing, and you just edit the appropriate steps as the pattern proceeds...

what do you think?

I tried this some time ago, but the handling was so bad, that I skipped this feature.

Such an "auto-follow" is especially *not* useful for editing, because when you move an encoder at the same moment where the sequencer automatically switches from one to another page, you will modify the wrong step. A solution for this issue would be a special detection, which ensures that the page is not switched while you move an encoder, but this is complicated and would blow up the code too much (-> high danger for new bugs)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 1 year later...