CV equiptment

Ashiman

I plan to use several diy devices with the new Aout module, and find it somewhat interesting to migrate the Aout module itself from midi input to timestamped OSC protocol in (~ 200 picosec jitter in theory, comparable to cirrus-logic digital audio receivers). The OSC generators ("few" types of ADSR,LFO what can be assembled inside several host prgs) can be controlled by midi, but the CV itself is not affected by timing inconsistency.

So far the ideas for controlled devices are the following:

VCA cluster (6+) ~ built from SSM2018, or THAT2180, using the low control delay (0.5ms) CV interface, patented by Sony (ugh).

3x BBD chorus ~ several types of BBD-s can be bought from smallbear electronics, If I not had the mn3004 in ready built circuit, I would go for the 512stage SADxxxx.

SSM2044 ~ filterchip, speaks for itself , simple .

I lack knowledge of a suited uC with builtin ethernet, and abilty to drive the DAC.

http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/tools_card.asp?tool_id=4102

this is what I found so far, the avr32 runs linux ( & doom2 :D infact even q2 )

@ US$69 VERY Friendly for the following:

The (32bit) AT32AP7000 processor includes a vector multiplication co-processor, 16-bit stereo audio DAC, 2048x2048 pixel TFT/STN LCD controller, high-speed USB 2.0 with on-chip transceivers (PHY), and two 10/100 Ethernet MACs. Serial interfaces include RS232, USART, I2S, AC97, TWI/I2C, SPI, PS/2 and several synchronous serial modules (SSC), supporting most serial communication protocols, making it ideal for a variety of applications such as routers, POS, navigation, multimedia and printers.

Let's print some CV

The AVR32 AP7 core has load/store instructions supporting byte (8 bit), half-word (16 bit), word (32 bit) and double word (64 bit) widths.

the osc protocol specifies 64bit timestamps, looks like it hits home

novel expansion would be to transmit audio itself over ethernet and use builtin I2s port to drive DAC, pcm56 with passive I/V is quite simple to do, some members at diyaudio.com are already planning this ethernet thing (5.1 ... they want demux serial inside an fpga ).

least novel would be lcd and touchpad, and some CV scaler (: