MBSID V2 beta on the way

TK.

I just want to inform you, that the first beta release of MBSID V2 can be expected soon. I'm planning to work out the last details next week. Also some documentation about the multi engine and the new hardware requirements needs to be written, but thereafter a full working firmware with support for Lead and Multiengine + Ensembles should be available.

(to give you are more exact date: if nothing else happens - and currently each day something unexpected can happen - maybe next friday or earlier).

I'm already curious about your feedback, as this is very important in this phase were I'm going to freeze certains parts of the engine (conceptional changes will be difficult in future).

There is no SysEx editor available yet, and I would prefer if somebody else could implement it. Either JSynthLib based, a dedicated java application or something else which is platform independent. So, if somebody with programming skills is searching for a challenge (the synth engine is much more complex than the one of MBSID V1), hands up! :)

This means, that people who want to test the new firmware need a control surface.

As mentioned in the past, a Step A surface will be sufficient, but you need at least one SHIFT (the previous LINK) button to activate special functions. This also means, that you need to add a second shift register (-> DINX2).

And by doing so, you could also add the Page Up/Down (the previous CC/EDIT) button for easier selection of synth elements (e.g. OSC, LFO, ENV, WT, ...)

Step B and Step C owners will be able to use the new firmware without additional modifications. Just only the PIC needs to be replaced. And if you have the choice: the stereo option (two MBHP_SID modules controlled from a single core) should be prefered, as this is one of the most important features (I don't use external Fx gear anymore since this option is implemented :))

So, for people who already have a fully stuffed MBSID V1, just leave two slaves unbusy, and connect the SID modules to the master and first slave instead - you will love the fat sound! :)

All these requirements will be written down and illustrated in the manual, so please be patient and don't ask here - I will document it with the same quality as known from MBSEQ V3, I just need some more time...

Best Regards, Thorsten.