WILBA made the frontpage of chris randall!

audioworld

I assume there will be a steep increase in uCapps server traffic:

WILBA´s 8-SID box made the front page of analog industries (->audiodamage->chris randall->musician, plugin-designer etc.), one of the highest profile blogs in the electronic music scene (and one of my "daily reads"):

http://www.analogindustries.com/

http://www.analogindustries.com/blog/entry.jsp?msgid=1182069030576

congratulations and respect to WILBA, the MB/SID community, stryd_one and TK!

cheers, karl.

Well I don't know about the other stuff but I do spend a lot of time here.

I use these forums as a quick recreational break when I'm working at the PC; which is pretty much always, between my day job and the midibox coding :)

Nah...you can't be blamed.. blame Wilba, while he's not here to defend himself. ;D

That's because you're mental! hehehehe

I was telling Wilba during his planning phases that people would go crazy over this thing...

As much as the commenters on his blog drive me away, I do like the way CR said it:

This dude's MIDIbox SID is a DIY synth the way that an Aston Martin Vanquish is a car.

Coincidentally I had spent that morning poring/drooling over a neighbour's DB9 and I agree. It's the attention to details that does it. 8 SIDs is hot enough. but it's all the little things that Wilba considered along the way that make it really something. It's the same thing that makes the firmware so awesome - lots of people could write a SID synth, but to do it like TK has, is truly incredible. Everything TK does is like a how-to. It's combined well with Wilba's skills with layouts and CAD work and the result is a monster!