midi protocol informations !!!

alexglvr

Hello,

I made a tube guitar amp, and would like to add on it the midi protocol in order to be able to control it with a midi footswitch.

I was thinking using a pic, as i am very familiar with them.

Where can i get good informations on the midi protocol (from how to use it to how to code it...)?

Thank you for your help,

Alex

hi

and welcome!

1 what s the point of controlling an amplifier via midi pedal/midi interface/relay switch? why don t you just use a pedal switch connected to a relay? are you planning automations?

2 if you re doing so than here at uCapps you can find all you need.Your needs are quite simple.You need a Core, a DIN (connects to the pedal), a DOUT (connects to relay or digital switch, relay would be probably noisy..)

browse around and you ll find all you need.

cheers

simone

Hello,

thank you for your help...

I need midi for my next tube amp. My goal is to build a very versatil amp with lots of options and even some motorized pots... The goal is to programme the wanted sounds and correponding adjustment and to recall them by using midi.... Furthermore, the midi pedal board can in the same time command other things like the associated reverb  ;)

I will look again at the ucapps site, but i didn't find source code... I have other things to add to the programme, and do not want to use a second pic... Moreover, i like anderstanding how things work.... ;)

Thank you again,

Alex

I'm sure that you will find a lot of source code, just click on MIOS download or MIOS C Interface (which lists some programming examples in C)

The Wiki gives also some interesting informations - yes, also about the MIDI protocol

Best Regards, Thorsten.