Silicone bi-component buying group?

cimo

hallo

good news for the rubber buttons fanatics.I ve found out that one of the main producers for bi component silicone is right out door.

please check this out :

http://www.kemitura.dk/index.php?camus:page_id=19

there are 3 different types among addiction, condensation, transparent and translucent.Which one would it be the best for buttons? please hlep me to choose.

It costs 300 DKK plus taxes (25%) per kilo (50 euros/kilo) plus shipping if i can t go and pick it up myself.I would share a kilo with anybody interested

contact me asap

simone

hi there

you touch a delicate point indeed, i have no moulding box so far.My idea is to take a "print" (how would you say that?) of a micro kontrol pad with fimo, and then use silicone to get a button.wish me good luck ... but if you can find anything with the proper shape "in negative", there you go.

simone

interesting topic...

i did some experiments with silicone and i think to make a "negative" is pretty simple. I thought about making my "rubber buttons" out of a piece of wood. (as positive shape) - in the second step i will do a negative form with gypsum (gips - CaSO4).

Normally, the silicone is used to make a negative whitch is filled with gypsum later....

i was talking to some plastic manufacturers what is the ideal material for my idea and they also said me i need to get a plastic and not silicone.. and the price for this material was also about 50 € per kilogramm...

my project is now stopped for 3 weeks - because of holidays ;)

cheers

you get the rubber feeling also with some plastic materials ... the material i was talking about was some kind of PUR (polyurethane) and it is also a type of rubber... i have the data sheets here (only in german) ... i'm a learned chemist ;)

i have to talk to my teachers at school ... maybe they can give me some inspiration ... :/