Smash TV vs. Mikes

dubka

this is speculation on my part; I think that smash tv is not a business that has several employees. It is some guys site that some guy runs in his spare time. I imagine that he would apreciate it if you posted questions about what you need on the forum and got a parts list together and then filled out an order on his site. none of the people that are into this whole open source diy thing are really making money and are using up a signifigant amount of their free time. I hope that i am not too far off base with this. or even out of line. start a thread with your specific questions and some people will help you out. i am planning my my first mios project and it is the most daunting electronics project i have ever thought about undertaking. not even sure where to start. but what i am trying to say is the forum will usually get your questions answered the fastest.

hope that this is a little help

shane 

There is no versus. They are both cool dudes who have given some time to this community. Conveniently, they both supply PCB's but live on separate continents.

If you asked smash what parts you needed you might be better off just looking it up, asking here if needed, and order :)

Feel free to PM me if you need anything. Just don't forget that like Smash and Mike, I am a real life human with real life stuff to do, so I may not reply superfast - or I might; YMMV :)

Edit: Yeh, what shane said.

hello,

as said, no "vs" indeed. they are both doing a big favour to the community.

i can just talk about Smash. i ordered from him, mainly because his pcbs look very nice. and i found him very friendly, professional and flexible. delivery to UK was also quite fast (like a week or so).

5 stars to him :)

cheers

mat.

My experiences:

SmashTV:

- Double Layer PCBs -> small size

- Sillscreen -> you can easily see where the components should be mounted

- soldering mask -> prevents PCB from looking messy after soldering

- it takes some time until he's shipping the orders

Mike:

- common Pertinax PCBs, one sided

- soldering mask

- quite fast shipping IMHO

my 2 cents.

I've bought a MBHP_USB and a MB_Plus PCB from Mike and the PCBs for my Dual-SID step C from Smash and I can say that there's no big difference in the quality of the PCBs.

matthias