Encoders for more than one track

wicked1

Hello,

Ive got two questions that I didn't find the answers for while searching. 

One is in the title, can I have encoders for more than one track?  I'd like 2 rows of encoders to control 2 tracks.  Then also the led switch matrix for the triggers.  (It's for an analog modular, so I want to keep w/ the whole modular theme of having an accessible control for each voice I am using)

My 2nd question is, is it possible in the software to divide down the clock going to the DIN/Sync output to a synth level clock (which would be 4 or 8 clicks per measure... then I can divide down from there w/ my analog divider to trigger things periodically in a song.

Then I guess I should add, are these things possible in the existing software?  I've gotten good with analog circuits, after building my modular for the past several years, but microprocessors are totally new to me.  That zip file of the software scares the ship out of me :)

I read a post from the builder of the original switch matrix about how he is surprised that people want it bad enough to make all those solders.  I've got to say, it looks like a piece of cake!  It would take that many solders just to make an LFO or something in the analog world!! 

Thanks for your help

hi and welcome aboard

i haven t that much to say about your need to know but about

That zip file of the software scares the ship out of me Smiley

yes i understand, it s been the same for most of us except for those who have arrived with their luggage of C and/or assembler, but it s just a matter of reading and reading and a bit of reading, everything is quite explained on comments in the code so...

... good luck

Hi Wicked One,

welcome to the forum! :)

A second encoder row is not supported, and from the available resources I would say it's impossible to add such a feature.

But there are also good news: the DIN sync output has a seperate divider within the BPM menu page :)

Best Regards, Thorsten.