External Clock Divide by 3

wicked1

Is it possible to divide the external clock by odd numbers?  I don't see it in the existing code, but is it even possible to do, if I learn how to program?  I asked about dividing down DIN to analog synth level clock, but the din out will always be an odd number of pulses.  Analog clocks need a pulse per event, so like, four or 8 or 16 pulses per measure.. not 6 or 24, etc.    I can always make an analog divide by 3 module.  Or, I can just use a trigger output, and set it to send a pulse whenever I want.  I guess it's not really a big deal.

And second, would it be possible to have the menu button disable the encoders?  I was planning on using the 16 gp encoders w/ buttons in one, before I read a post about accidentally changing values when pressing them. 

So far, I haven't found a reason to turn the encoders at the same time the menu button is pressed.

Thanks

Theoretical you could define different preload values in SEQ_CORE_ExtClk_Set (seq_core.inc). Currently the preload values are 0, 1, 3 and 7 (2^n-1)

But your idea about using a trigger output, controlled by note events from a single track, is much better. It's not only easier to handle, but it would also allow you to add a shuffle

Menu button disable encoders: this is possible, yes. But note that the GP LEDs change their purpose while the menu button is pressed (they display the selected menu page).

There are also function, like copy&paste, which require that you hold a GP button while moving an encoder

So, if you are still in the design phase of your panel: it's strongly recommented from my side to add the GP buttons

Best Regards, Thorsten.

My own encoders are with integrated buttons as well, I connected them all together as an alternative possibility to activate the FAST function (means: when I push the encoder, values are changed faster)

Best Regards, Thorsten.