place to dump stuff

Guest opiumx

Guest opiumx

I think there should be a place for everyone to dump their work to share with all midibox owners such as code, front panels, pictures and so on. Maybe we could have a FTP or a website that is like the reaktor library? That would be nice, and I think it would grow alot. All it takes is a few people to upload, then someone will modify whater it is then upload, and so on. I think it would be great .

Guest opiumx

I think there should be a place for everyone to dump their work to share with all midibox owners such as code, front panels, pictures and so on. Maybe we could have a FTP or a website that is like the reaktor library? That would be nice, and I think it would grow alot. All it takes is a few people to upload, then someone will modify whater it is then upload, and so on. I think it would be great .

Hello

Yes it's a good idea but perhaps on another web link, because i make a modification of the firmware of the  MB64 and actually it isn't post (this modification enable special NRPN message for synth :

NRPN MSB

NRPN LSB

DATA ENTRY

at the same time

with this feature i can control all my Electribe EA-1 and ALL my MC303  :P

i have make too the sysex file for both on virtual MB

but my work aren't post actually  ??? :'( :'( :'( :'(

Best Regards, Oli

le TUX en choucroute ou en barre

Hello

Yes it's a good idea but perhaps on another web link, because i make a modification of the firmware of the  MB64 and actually it isn't post (this modification enable special NRPN message for synth :

NRPN MSB

NRPN LSB

DATA ENTRY

at the same time

with this feature i can control all my Electribe EA-1 and ALL my MC303  :P

i have make too the sysex file for both on virtual MB

but my work aren't post actually  ??? :'( :'( :'( :'(

Best Regards, Oli

le TUX en choucroute ou en barre

I would also like to have an upload area so that users can distribute their creations without my help and without an own homepage. But I neither have the experience how to realize such a web based system, nor a free server, nor I want to account for the risk that somebody uploads illegal stuff.

It's difficult, but if somebody wants to take care about such a server, please step forward! :)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

I would also like to have an upload area so that users can distribute their creations without my help and without an own homepage. But I neither have the experience how to realize such a web based system, nor a free server, nor I want to account for the risk that somebody uploads illegal stuff.

It's difficult, but if somebody wants to take care about such a server, please step forward! :)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Guest opiumx

Right now, things are tight at my house with family needing a place to stay so I have had to move my pc into my room, (its freaking loud) so I cannot leave it on 24/7 untill they move out and I get my house back :) . After that, I can run a permanent FTP server for everyone, and my connection is 2mb cable, and I have enough space to store a small child in. (300gb)

Guest opiumx

Right now, things are tight at my house with family needing a place to stay so I have had to move my pc into my room, (its freaking loud) so I cannot leave it on 24/7 untill they move out and I get my house back :) . After that, I can run a permanent FTP server for everyone, and my connection is 2mb cable, and I have enough space to store a small child in. (300gb)

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Did a site to host new applications ever get set up?  I should be ready to put up something for the Switch Matrix project pretty soon. This is a project that uses DIN and DOUT together to read massive numbers of switch inputs. It is useful for adding MIDI Out to organ consoles which often have several hundred switches.

Did a site to host new applications ever get set up?  I should be ready to put up something for the Switch Matrix project pretty soon. This is a project that uses DIN and DOUT together to read massive numbers of switch inputs. It is useful for adding MIDI Out to organ consoles which often have several hundred switches.

Hey All!

The portal is definitely a work in progress, and hopefully will always be!  There is no direct upload for anything but pictures, this is for security reasons only.  Seems uploaded script exploits and SQL injections are a favorite passtime for the script kiddies. :(

But don't let that stop you from adding to the portal, anything MIDIbox related can be hosted there (and some things that are not, see the "SideProjects Forum" for non-MIDIbox projects by MIDIbox users.)

Just send an email to me at portalmail@avishowtech.com (or my regular email) and I'll get it up on the portal asap.

Board layouts, MIOS apps, build photos, everything is welcomed, even unfinished stuff because it spurs development from others!

Have Fun!

SmashTV

Hey All!

The portal is definitely a work in progress, and hopefully will always be!  There is no direct upload for anything but pictures, this is for security reasons only.  Seems uploaded script exploits and SQL injections are a favorite passtime for the script kiddies. :(

But don't let that stop you from adding to the portal, anything MIDIbox related can be hosted there (and some things that are not, see the "SideProjects Forum" for non-MIDIbox projects by MIDIbox users.)

Just send an email to me at portalmail@avishowtech.com (or my regular email) and I'll get it up on the portal asap.

Board layouts, MIOS apps, build photos, everything is welcomed, even unfinished stuff because it spurs development from others!

Have Fun!

SmashTV

"Oh, wAT coULd be kWEler",

Than scanning for unpatched hosts as soon as new exploit is found (released to public) and tagging it hacked. NOT! :( (No mercy for sites run by hobbyist and interrest groups.)

Smash, could direct upload possibility be given to a restricted group of known users, who have shown their skills on developing midibox addons that benefit MB community (and whose projects might have frequent updates)?

At least jimhenrys "scan matrix" extension/ organ midification seems to be getting on that point..

Bye, Moebius

"Oh, wAT coULd be kWEler",

Than scanning for unpatched hosts as soon as new exploit is found (released to public) and tagging it hacked. NOT! :( (No mercy for sites run by hobbyist and interrest groups.)

Smash, could direct upload possibility be given to a restricted group of known users, who have shown their skills on developing midibox addons that benefit MB community (and whose projects might have frequent updates)?

At least jimhenrys "scan matrix" extension/ organ midification seems to be getting on that point..

Bye, Moebius