My midibox chronicle (first child to born)

Djo

Hi Djo,

So you want to make a midibox to process the output from the axiom, to change the behaviour of the buttons?

As for the pedals, most people use a double-switched pedal, as octave up and octave down buttons. Did you want two switches on one pedal, or a pot to control the octave within a certain range?

Both of these things should be possible with a midibox anyway :)

No i don't want to process output, it's allright you know 8) All i want is to make a usual midibox ( just like in gallery), and buttons of this midibox should send note on/off massages, just like my axiom does (there's 2 modes for note on/off - axiom users should know). I wonder is this feature already in midibox, or i'll have to deal with "programming" after i'm done with hardware? That was the question. This photo should give clear view to my intentions.

dsc03744jd0.jpg

This is a single module, one of four. Or how many money i'll spend on pots :)

In general. I want to know what can i configure inside MIOS, is it possible to change MIDI cc# for pots/sliders? What buttons can do (program change for presets, MSB, LSB (not really needed, just curious :) )?  Can it handle things like SOLO, MUTE with LEDs light up where it should be etc.

is it possible to change MIDI cc# for pots/sliders? What buttons can do (program change for presets, MSB, LSB (not really needed, just curious Smiley )?  Can it handle things like SOLO, MUTE with LEDs light up where it should be etc.

Friendly advice

Hey Djo, wellcome to the forum. You better start some reading than asking those kind of questions, as you will probably be ignored or asked to read the documentation.

I guess this thread answered my questions http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php?topic=9329.0

Though, this thread is will remain for me to keep track of the project, i'm currently on.

After learning about different modules, I took DIN module as my first build. Compared to AIN module it's easier to build. Let's see if that DIN module obey to my soldering skills :)

There's a filter section and filter type selector. I think it's rational to make a selection button with LEDs instead of 7 buttons with same LEDs. Can it be realised in MIOS?

I've searched forum, but haven't found answer, sorry if you see this question for 100th time but otherwise i'll have to redesign the box. It's identical to the filter section of Simpler in Ableton (in ableton it was context menu). I want something like this:

o LP1

O LP2

o HP1

TYPE    o HP2

o BP1

o BP2

o NT

It shouldn't be hard right?

Ok, it's time for update! DINx2 module is ready (but i guess i'll need one more DINx1 module), DOUTx3 is ready, and the PIC burner. Still need AINx2 (or AINx3 ???). So hardware works ahead, little soldering, much cable-fetish and so on. Really happy to see my project going on.

I just made PIC burner (but i havn't bought PIC yet) and i have some questions.

When i connect power supply green LED immidiatly lights up. Whit nothing in sockets , and powered up p18 tells me:

"Kein Brenner gefunden!

No programmer detected!"

But, when i mess with hardware section, nothing happens! Just lonely green LED.

When i plug NM74HC14N, and with SCLK on, and Vdd on, Red LED lights up!

So, could i programm PIC with this burner?

But what about Yellow LED? It doesn't lights up! Or it's normal?

No, this isn't normal.

P18 detects the burner by toggling the DATA OUT signal, and checking if the same value can be read at the DATA IN pin of the parallel port (see schematic).

This wouldn't work, if IC4 or R9 are not soldered correctly, or if there is a missing connection between these components. It also makes sense to check the Vss/Vdd voltage on IC4

Best Regards, Thorsten.