glcd question

icam

hi there!

first post for me. to this point everything has worked well (planning the mackie clone and a little sid; ordering and soldering the needed parts). now it's time for planning how it should look like at the end...  ;)

the question is: is a LC7981 (sanyo)-controlled 240x64 glcd compatible to the ones with ks0108-controller??? if not, i'll try to get another one and therefore it would be helpfull if somebody from germany could tell where to get cheap ks0108-controlled displays (i can't find them!!!).

greetz,

icam

hi there!

first post for me. to this point everything has worked well (planning the mackie clone and a little sid; ordering and soldering the needed parts). now it's time for planning how it should look like at the end...  ;)

the question is: is a LC7981 (sanyo)-controlled 240x64 glcd compatible to the ones with ks0108-controller??? if not, i'll try to get another one and therefore it would be helpfull if somebody from germany could tell where to get cheap ks0108-controlled displays (i can't find them!!!).

greetz,

icam

Unfortunately I wasn't able to find a datasheet for the LC7981 - does anybody know where to download it for free?

Also alternative sources for 240x64 displays (KS0108 or HD61202) would be interesting, because these are the fastest controllers for customized fonts and icons!

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to find a datasheet for the LC7981 - does anybody know where to download it for free?

Also alternative sources for 240x64 displays (KS0108 or HD61202) would be interesting, because these are the fastest controllers for customized fonts and icons!

Best Regards, Thorsten.

the datasheet for the lc7981 can be downloaded at this site:

http://www.chipdocs.com/pndecoder/datasheets/SANYO/LC7981.html

unfortunately the displays i looked for are no longer available at ebay/germany... but it could be helpful for others to see if it's compatible or it's to complex to program a driver for those controllers.

i searched the web for compatible displays and found this site http://www.glyn.de where displaytech-lcd's are offered but no price-list. by this time i've not contacted them but maybe others here in this forum???

greetz,

icam

the datasheet for the lc7981 can be downloaded at this site:

http://www.chipdocs.com/pndecoder/datasheets/SANYO/LC7981.html

unfortunately the displays i looked for are no longer available at ebay/germany... but it could be helpful for others to see if it's compatible or it's to complex to program a driver for those controllers.

i searched the web for compatible displays and found this site http://www.glyn.de where displaytech-lcd's are offered but no price-list. by this time i've not contacted them but maybe others here in this forum???

greetz,

icam

Thanks - it helps :)

This display stores the graphical data in horizontal order like a T6963C, thats bad for customized fonts which are used by the MIDIbox LC application, the required 90° rotation leads to a very poor performance. So: keep your fingers away from such displays :-/

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Thanks - it helps :)

This display stores the graphical data in horizontal order like a T6963C, thats bad for customized fonts which are used by the MIDIbox LC application, the required 90° rotation leads to a very poor performance. So: keep your fingers away from such displays :-/

Best Regards, Thorsten.