2x24 LCD Will it Work?

cosmosuave

Just like to say hello as this is my first post... I'm just gearing up to start construction on a Stereo SID using a pair of 6158 chips... I have just started sourcing parts and acquired a 2x24 LCD and would like to know if this will be acompatible which I think it should be... I plan a purchasing the modules from Smash TV and am looking to build the minimal unit with LCD/Bankstick/Encoder/and the 10 or so buttons to control it.... Is it my understanding that if I contstruct the a stereo SID that the SID V2.x  for it is still under BETA stage and will this effect the pre programmed PIC from Smash TV if the V2 O/S is upgraded?

I apologize if these questions have been asked a multitude of times...

Just like to say hello as this is my first post...

Welcome aboard!!

I'm just gearing up to start construction on a Stereo SID using a pair of 6158 chips...

Hmmm, I don't think those are SID chips ;)

I have just started sourcing parts and acquired a 2x24 LCD and would like to know if this will be acompatible which I think it should be...

Depends... You should be more concerned with the driver, than the dimensions.

if I contstruct the a stereo SID that the SID V2.x  for it is still under BETA stage and will this effect the pre programmed PIC from Smash TV if the V2 O/S is upgraded?

Don't confuse Operating System (MIOS) with Application (MBSID)

I apologize if these questions have been asked a multitude of times...

Not to worry... You will probably notice that I've raised as many questions as I've answered ;) You can find a lot of information on ucapps.de and the forum and the wiki. I definitely recommend a LOT of reading on those sites, and you will see that mostof your questions are answered :)

Good luck!