LM032LN 2X20 LCD

Jaicen

Hey guys, I was in my local electronics goldmine today looking for some microswitches, when I stumbled upon a display of 2x20 LCD's with what appear to be backlights. Obviously, I was intrigued, and instantly thought about my MBSID and MBFM projects to be. So I checked, and they have the correct HD44708 chipset (Hitachi). However, I'm not sure about the backlight, or how it's wired, as I suspect it's an electroluminescent, rather than LCD. If that's the case, I don't mind, I can always source some SMT LED's and use them in place, because I got this LCD rather cheap... £1.25

So, if they're good for Midibox, I'll go back and get them all (I think there were four or five left). The model is LM032LN. I've got the datsheet, but there's no mention of a backlight, so if anyone can help, i'd appreciate it.

To be honest, I think that I could live without a backlight on this one, but I wouldn't mind taking a look at the inverter circuit anyway. I was thinking of building a 1kHz oscillator based on a 40106 schmitt trigger, but I'm not sure that could sink enough current.