Finished my MIDI Router

sarnold

Hi all,

I just finished my compact MIDI Router. I use it for the pad-to-sample routing of my electronic drumset and/or the drumpads at my acoustic set. So I can switch songs and sounds - which neither the drum-to-midi-converter nor the sampler can do.

It has 2x IIC MIDI which are connected as follows:

drum-to-midi -> IN1

OUT1 -> SP404 sampler

midi clock (laptop) -> IN2

OUT2 -> laptop (start/stop)

I modified the C software so I can save banks (band or setup) and patches (songs) and start/stop the external laptop or sampler loop via drumpad, as well as synchronize to MIDI clock. The software is, like TK's, really adjusted to my setup, but if you want to take a look at it, I can send it to you or upload it.

Because it needs to fit into a small roadcase together with the converter, sampler and monitor/click mixer, I built seperate TAE jacks into it - as you see on the last picture, no MIDI connector will fit in there ;)

Some pics:

router01.jpg

router02.jpg

router03.jpg

router04.jpg

router05.jpg

router06.jpg

router07.jpg

routerbox.jpg

My next project will be a combination box of an alternative edrum-converter, MB64 and MIDI router, because I just bought a Nord Modular G2 and need to go on the road with solo drums feat. G2 synthesizer. It's really fun! You can listen to my music at http://www.myspace.com/sebastianarnold

cheers,

Sebastian

Hey Sebastian, your router looks very good. Not often enough wee see professional box like yours.

I`m just listening your music on myspace. It`s very good. The cover for dithering the rain reminded me of box I liked very much. :)

I modified the C software so I can save banks (band or setup) and patches (songs) and start/stop the external laptop or sampler loop via drumpad, as well as synchronize to MIDI clock. The software is, like TK's, really adjusted to my setup, but if you want to take a look at it, I can send it to you or upload it.

It would be nice. Better attach it to first post, so everybody can download it. Thank you in advance.

• 4 weeks later...